- 4 vine-riped tomatoes, with tops removed, and seeds scooped out.
- 10 ounces soft goat cheese, I used 5 ounces of plain goat cheese, and 5 ounces of "Purple Haze" a goat cheese with herbs, lots of fennel
- 1-2 ounces pistachios, optional
- ground black pepper to taste
- a few tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- frisee, arugula or basil to garnish
We had very chalky goat chesse with ours, and it was nice, the chalkiness was a good counterpoint to the tomato. When I do this, I will probably did this, I placed each tomato on a salad of greens with balsamic dressing. I also served it with gazpacho.