- 16 2.5” – 4” zucchini flowers
- 4 ounces of goat cheese; we had regular Cyprus Grove, but I would like to try it with their “purple haze” which has some very floral herbs in it
- 4 cloves garlic sliced into about 2 mm slices
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 2-3 T EVOO
- Cracked pepper and kosher salt to taste
Friday, September 9, 2011
Our friend Drew made these when we visited her and her husband in southern Oregon. We liked them much better than the fried versions we had in Italy.
While the garlic is sautéing, add stuff the zucchini flowers with the goat cheese.
Once the garlic has reached the desired doneness, remove the garlic from the garlic from the olive oil with a slotted spoon or other straining device.
Return the EVOO to a high heat, and sauté the zucchini flowers briefly, just enough to get the goat cheese kind of melting.
Remove and plate the zucchini flowers. Divide the garlic among the four portions. Sprinkle the thyme leaves and a small amount of salt and pepper over the top.