- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lemon, sliced into 3 mm rounds
- 6 garlic cloves, cut in half, smashed with flat end of chef's knife
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (if you didn't have it, you could probably use ketchup--don't tell anyone)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1.5-2 pounds chicken, thighs preferably, as they take the marinade better. Cube into 1.25" squares, roughly
Equipment: 6 chicken skewers
If short on marinade time, pre-heat oven to broil.
Add pepper flakes, paprika and water to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix and let sit for 5 minutes to form a paste. Add in all remaining marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add chicken, and let sit as long as you can. I have done this as little as 1/2 an hour, and as long as 2 hours. More would probably be good, but still good as is.
Once chicken is marinated, slide chicken onto skewers. Be careful not to skewer your fingers. *IMPORTANT* Between each piece of chicken add 1 slide off lemon to the skewer. The lemon slices will char, and slightly caramelize during the broiling, and provide an amazing condiment to the chicken. Once all chicken is out, fish out the garlic chunks, and wedge them in between the chicken and lemon slices.
Place on a broiling pan on the highest rack in the oven. Broil 5-6 minutes on each side.