Monday, May 13, 2013

St. Barth Desserts

These were some of the sweet things we devised to cap off the evenings on vacation. Super simple, and very Nutella heavy :) 


Passion Fruit Glace with Nutella Sauce
  • Passion fruit glace (or sorbet)
  • Nutella
Spoon Nutella over the top. I think this would have been better by tempering the Nutella with some whole milk and then cooling, but I was feeling lazy (I was on vacation, right?). At any rate, it was quite nice. 


Mango with Coconut Yogurt (Serves 2)
  • 1 mango, cut into 1/2" cubes
  • Two 4 ounce containers coconut yogurt
Place mango and spoon yogurt over the top. Simple, wonderful, and pretty much guilt free (not that I'm prone to guilt). 


Fromage d'Affinois and Nutella (my personal favorite)
  • Fromage d'Affinois
  • Nutella
Fromage d'Affinois and shaved milk chocolate used to be one of my favorite cheese pairings. This has definitely usurped its place. The fact that the Nutella is almost the same viscosity and texture mean that these two can mix perfectly. It's a wonderful way to offset the austerity of the mango and coconut dessert, or to absorb an awful lot of alcohol at the end of the night, if you find yourself in that position (not that I ever would). 

No comments: